Saturday, May 14, 2022

Trying some herbs to help with my mood issues

 Went looking online and  ashwagandha which I already take was one for stress relief but that article said you need quite a bit so I started taking 2 capsules morning and night instead of the 1 I had been taking.   I think it is helping me feel less on the verge of a meltdown.  I also ordered some vervain, haven't got it yet and some St Johns wort.  The wort is supposed to be good for depression.  Vervain for anxiety.   I might be getting menopausal moodiness and some kind of progesterone supplement would help but I don't want to boost breast cancer risk if I can get through this w/o messing with that.  

Texted B about her ride and asked if she was resting Taj this weekend and we will probably ride somewhere tomorrow.   I think M and J are going to do a lot of horse camping this summer.  With fuel so high it certainly makes way more sense to pay the camping fees than drive to trailheads and back home for 2 day rides in a weekend.   But I don't think I can do that with dads sketchy health and so many critters.   I rarely trailered out to ride with Grey Moon or Shade, but Tanza is so much more fun to ride with company.  He is overly reactive riding field roads at home and I don't have the confidence to just laugh it off.   But I have been riding him more at home the last few weeks and also have started riding Sadie.  Sadie is the backup if I can't ride Tanza at rides since Razz has some lameness.   I could do fun rides on Sadie and select loops not being used that day.  But I'm hoping Tanza will be good to go for LaVeta and grand Canyon.   

No comments: