Saturday, November 13, 2021

I don't know how to shake off my fears or depression

 I don't even know which is the bigger mental hurdle.   I am depressed about covid paranoia, and that my riding buddies that I enjoyed so much in 2020 think that I'm a crappy horse person and making Tanza into a dangerous horse by not vocalizing loud enough for them to hear when he and I are on the same wavelength and I'm being a wussy and slowing through rock cuz I don't want a hoof bruise or stumble and fall.   I am also now a bit scared after coming off of him and him stepping on me when he was freaking out about the long latigo strap last week.   

p.s.   I rode Razz after writing that.   I think he may have a bit of 'white line disease'.  That is a misnomer.  I think white line disease is an actual disease.  Razz looks like he has some loose hoof sole and may have a bit of black infection area next to his hoof wall.   I think that me skipping trimming him thinking he'd have more hoof so wouldn't be ouchy footed may have backfired.   Farrier comes next week, so Razz will get trimmed and I've located his hoof boots,  so if he doesn't have a sore tendon or ligament he should be good to go.   My bruised thigh did not bother most of the time.   Felt like the buckle was rubbing when buckle was actually down at my ankle when I got on but I barely noticed it most of the time.  

No comments: