Sunday, June 6, 2021

No rest for the weary

 I feel unloved because the gang has not invited me to ride since I had to cancel on the morning of May 16th.  I did not ask if they were riding this weekend because I have an infection in my right eye and didn't know if I should drive a trailer up to IC, p/u and trailer are not easy for pulling off to side of road to put in eye drops if eye starts burning and watering so much my driving vision is impaired.   But Friday and Saturday the eye did not get too sore so I would have gone for it if I had been invited.  Perhaps my guardian angel was looking out for me.   But I feel like they don't really enjoy my riding company and I don't know why that would be.  I try to be good riding company, no whining about speed or route, rotate leading and following no "MY horse HAS to be in front", Tanza never kicks, he is pretty good to keep a decent distance behind when not leading, yada yada.  He does do a bit of spooking but it's not so violent it sets this groups' steady horses off.   

Which would leave me.  I do struggle a bit to be on time for early rides but I have made a big effort with these folks and have not come straggling in 20-30  minutes after the agreed meeting time more than once or twice.  I'm not happy home-maker to bring stuff to 'Happy Hour' but I started bringing beer this year to make up for that.  Maybe they think I am just not interested/ am too busy.  I AM busy this year but I want some 2/3 day breaks to keep sane.  I hate feeling like I am always begging to join in and they only let me because they are too softy to say no, but I guess I'll have to ask them because they are not asking me.  I asked my boss for a 'promotion' and he said he was on board but the org would issue guidelines in July.  I think they need me enough to cough up the extra money I requested because our setup is complicated and it takes months for new hires to learn it and be able to really cover things; but I don't 100% trust management on this. 

Last weekend the weather was unsettled so I didn't even ride at home.  Dad ran the tractor so I didn't have to move and lift hay by hand to move the last of the hay from the west side hay shed to the east side so that hay wouldn't sit for 2 years before we got to it again to feed and I got that project done.   I have the shed 95% raked out and just need to put 1 more set of 2by4s down to keep the stacked hay off the dirt and old hay that wouldn't rake up so that is good.   I got two new hinges on my trailer tack door and did a bunch of weeding in the neglected flower beds.  I am going to cover the beds with plastic this fall as soon as the flowers are done and hopefully set the grass back if not kill it.   I have to drill holes and install one more new hinge on my tack door.  I also want to put hinged latch plate and loop on the other side to have backup to the regular door latch to make sure the door doesn't pop open.  Aways expanding projects.  

No comments: