Monday, June 14, 2021

Isn't it too early for the dog days of summer?

We are having an early hot spell.   Sunday I got up before 5 am with intent to be rolling before 6 am to ensure I was on time to meet the gang at Spruce Meadows.   I had forgotten I was on call when I set up the date and I piddled so much doing that check in the morning that it was 6:20 by the time I was rolling even though Tanza and Lady both let me catch them right away with no games.   Thankfully traffic was still light that early, so I was not late anyway.    I didn't feel too hot riding or hanging out for a bit afterwards but was wiped out by the time I got home and took a long nap.   It was ok,  I still fell asleep easily that night.  I had a hard time waking up/getting moving after the nap but chalked it up to dehydration,  and stressed from the week and riding.   They were discussing their fun the weekend before and today I've felt a bit rejected that I was not invited but they were west of CoSprings, I couldn't have handled the drive w/o camping and didn't have time to camp even if they'd asked me so I should NOT feel that way.  I hate it when I get teenage drama llama irrational feelings.  I should network with some folks north of me to go ride those places once in a while. 

Saturday I got the hog panels replacement for the failing horse wire section of fence by the hay pen finished.  I had to make Dad help me put the boards up over the hog panels and didn't have my ducks as lined up as I'd thought for that but we gotRdone with the only casualty a scratch and bruise on my right forearm.   

Today I sprayed goats heads and along the fenceline for an hour at 'lunch hour'  before the CDAAC meeting.   M had volunteered to take over cleaning data when disk is full alerts came in.  Well I had to do some Thursday night because my auto archive script was running and disk was quite full.  This morning she asked "should I clean to same date on the other missions"   I was fairly terse with "I don't know, check disk space and the archives,  its not typing the cleanup command line that was stress and time-consuming that I needed to offload it"    But I was only terse, when I wanted to have a long rant.  I am just SOOO over people at work going "sure I can take that" and then they expect to have a checklist like our brain-dead ops check versus having to figure out how to accomplish the task.    Like I wouldn't just keep easy,  by a checklist tasks to do when I have morning or Monday brain fog.   

Sunday learned that J did not take his wonder horse to nationals like he had planned.  Not because the horse had issues, but because a month ago at a ride he questioned the rookie vet about how they were awarding BC, because they gave it to an Icelandic that apparently wouldn't even trot out for a CRI after the ride.  J is not even on FB, but I guess his SiL or riding buddies let him know that the AERC FB page was full of people dumping on him for questioning a ride vet.   I find it a bit sad that he let the tongue waggers that don't do squat take something he'd wanted to do away from him.  At least made him feel like he wouldn't have fun at the big event.   

Makes me happy I walked away from FB pretty much entirely.   So many times if I saw some BS like that kind of thing, back when I was on FB, my feeling was "Ohhh crap,  I don't have time to spar with these keyboard warriors, even though they are full of shit" 

No comments: