Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Time to go spray some weeds

 I need a break from coworker fake sympathy "OMG, you're overloaded, you need a vacation yada yada"  Try to offload any damn task and its "where is the detailed how-to, so I can just do this w/o having to think", or 'MY underling is TOO busy with other stuff to take that on any time soon'.   

So Imma mix up some 2-4-D ester and attack some goats heads burrs.   

Update:   My IT ticket for "blocked can't do squat on this HA system" has still not been responded to.  Lovely, Friday afternoon response levels are now Wed-Fri afternoon response levels.  I am so over it.  IT feels overworked and underpaid.  Maybe they are,  I am aware that management drags their feet to hire staff and really really drags their feet with promotions.  (possibly the newly elevated guy will be better, too soon to tell on that.) 

But I'm expected to set up 15 systems, + coordinate with the clocks guru who is now the group manager on syncing his 5 systems to those data collections systems and #@?!!! IT  insisted I couldn't use the system that was working because "no, we can't have these cross dependencies"  so I've been trying to make things work while being hamstrung, and meanwhile the SE head gives the sympathy, but then blocks me when I suggest her team should take over part of it.  

Maybe if THEY get some extra heat if the clocks go out and boss can't get them up quickly they'll gain some understanding that bringing in all that data for clock estimation is not just an afterthought, and when working4horses asks for ports to be opened to allow redundant data flow they shouldn't just say "You have to have a system w/o cross dependencies"  Plus just because I made it work in the past, doesn't mean its simple to make it work, so when I ask for help its not just because I'm a needy simpleton. 

No comments: