Sunday, August 9, 2020

Sleepy Sunday

 I have a long list of things I should get done, but my motivation level is in the basement today.   I did order some new hinges for my trailer tack door.   Now I need to decide if I can just install them or do I need to take the trailer to a pro to do it.   I think I should be able to install them myself.  If dad was his 20 years younger self I'd be totally confident that he could help me figure out how to do it well.  But he is not and I cannot wallow in angst that his mind is now joining his body in showing signs of age.  He IS 80 years old and I'm not some dumb bunny DNC voter being told that my candidate is fine, just fine.   Of course I think a lot of the DNC voters think its perfectly normal for the presidents' staff, largely picked by his donors to actually be in charge - but still the POTUS has to be competent to be the figurehead and I don't see how anyone can believe sundown Joe is.  

I feel like my goat head burr control is not too bad this year, but I will be battling the pasture fence line where the burrs got away from me before I realized "DUH,  I should have seeded some oats or something where they dug up that strip"  into the future,  lots of burr seeds there.   

OTOH I feel like the fly control is failing.  I ordered a different brand and maybe will order another kind with a sugar base if needed.   I hate feeling so inadequate in my horse keeping. 

Tanza is looking good a week after his huge adventure doing the BH 100.   I am battling some cactus spines or rash or something right where the bra bottom elastic hits.  I rode Sadie last night and it was "ouch, I guess its a good thing the riding gang thought that of course Tanza needed more time off and I can't take Razz with bare feet (I didn't even try to find hoof boots for Razz, I felt like they didn't want to wait on me to get boots on)"  I was invited to 'come up and hike or just do Happy Hour"  Thanks but no thanks,  I aint driving 3 hours to hike,  I hiked around spraying some weeds this morning and yesterday, and I sure aint driving that just for happy hour.   For me its not worth the trip unless I'm riding.


No comments: