Monday, August 24, 2020

Nice ride on Sunday with B

 It was just B and I,   the other folks we often ride with were camping at Mueller.   No spots available for us to join and I was on ops rotation at work so needed to get on the computer 3 times a day, so camping would have been hard for me to pull off.   B and I had a nice ride and then I helped her get a bed frame someone was giving away.  Its just a frame for a box spring but decent looking head and foot boards and B could always make it into a platform frame instead if she wants to go that route.   

Later I found the steel hanging tape so I could properly secure my propane pipe on my horse trailer rather than just having a twine string.   I could NOT find the screw to put my divider latch opener back on.  Argghhhh that was frustrating but it took me 1 minute at ACE hardware and .23/ a piece to buy new ones this morning so if I had been more zen yesterday it would have been a nothing burger.  I had to go to ACE anyway to get liquid electric tape as my solar panel to trailer battery is shorting and its too hard to reach to wrap with electrical tape.  I also got more fuses and the shoes that I like to use, then went to the co-op and bought a gallon of 2-4-D weed spray concentrate.  I had figured I'd only use 1 gallon this year but the electric company digging to replace the old power line made a huge goathead patch in the pasture.   The pasture should get weed control anyway but I had been going to leave that this year.  Oh well.

Dad had to take his cat Tommy to the vets to be put to sleep.   Tommy's back legs and tail were not right this last week,  first it was fecal matter in his tail and some on his back legs, then last night poor cat ended up with piss all over his back legs so I gave him an emergency bath.   He had pissed on his legs again this morning and was just not feeling great.   I suppose we'll get another cat in a few weeks.  It will take me that long to get the downstairs somewhat cleaned up from Tommy's misses and such.  


No comments: