Monday, January 25, 2016

horses still not wormed

But at least I rode for half an hour on Saturday.   Sunday I went to a memorial service for a college professor.  He helped me get my student job here and also a paid internship at JPL.  It was a bit awkward for me.  They didn't have a remembrance book and I'd forgotten to bring a card.  I haven't kept up with campus research group he had founded so only knew a few faces there and didn't have any shop talk to share with the ones I knew.  

Saturday I went in to buy feed and asked dad if he wanted to come and just eat out.  So we did that, he insisted on paying.  I didn't argue since I bought last time we went for Chinese food.  After the memorial service I did a Target run.  Sort of watched some of the game but I couldn't even listen to it full time on the way home when it had already started.  I was getting too distracted from driving.  I grained horses late and forgot all about the plan to worm them.   I may have to just plan on worming them a few at a time in the mornings before I give them hay.   None of them is looking like parasites are getting all the nutrition so its not a big deal but I don't want to set up the indirect damage worms can do so I do like to worm them periodically.  It'll get done eventually.

I bought some Jack Daniels bbq sauce pulled pork to eat Sunday night.  It was quite tasty for a heat and eat product.   Kind of pricey but not compared to eating out.  I proved to myself I could eat cheaply with ham and bean soup and chile from dried beans and old or tough meats a couple of years ago.  Pretty much cleaned out the freezer and now I am trying to get myself to just relax and enjoy the fact that I can afford to eat out and buy higher end shortcut products.   There is no reason to play "how cheaply can I eat" all the time and I think I found and used up almost all the old forgotten frozen meat in the freezer.

No comments: