Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Good thing I didn't make a resolution to post more blog entries

Lets see, I should write this down to cement it in my mind.  My attempt at slow(er) cooking deer round steak that I cook like a roast came out no better, maybe a bit worse than using the pressure cooker has worked.  So now I can use my quick method and know that I am not giving up any tenderness or taste.   Take that foodie snobs who think if it doesn't take all day and lots of extra steps the food won't taste as good.  

I was feeling bored and not wanting to go outside when I did this and then at the end of the day it was warmer than I'd thought and I remembered "oy, I was going to get the horses wormed this weekend and now there is not enough light"  Oh well,  I believe they will all live,  I just hate it when I seem to have a mental block for doing something and I've been meaning to worm them for 3 or 4 weeks now and haven't got it done yet.  

I'm probably going to just have to decide that I do not mind buying 75% of the office half and half supply when I use maybe 7% of it when I'm drinking coffee regularly and not just having tea some days.   I really do like having cream in the fridge when I do have an afternoon coffee and it is not worth getting stressed by the parasites for something that is only a few dollars a week.  

I think I may have to call someone in the office out as a concern troll if she starts trying to be helpful by giving me fashion or career advice again.  I like my utilitarian looking socks and she *might* make more than me for the 10 times more amount of stress she takes on.    

I still have not ridden Tanza or anyone else yet this year.  There is more ground showing so this weekend I should be able to ride and I'm thinking I might try to do some trail walk/running with him on nice days if I'm not quite ready to trust him if the footing is still slick to combine my fitness and his mental training.  

Lady is doing well being in with CJ.    

No comments: