Friday, October 16, 2015

TGIF

Work.  Still pretty busy and I am trying to get some things in place for proposal we will write to expand ground based processing.   Very weird feeling, yesterday my boss for ground based walked into my office and announced he will put out an ad to hire an associate scientist.   He has extra funds from current project that needs to be spent and there is much work to do.  Letting me know so I don't go WTFFF when I see ad.

Okaaayyy, so I am going wtfff now instead.  I was not slammed on the main project this summer and could have done work on the ground based if informed there was funds available and tasks he wanted done.   Oh well,  I am trying to remind myself that I have long thought that I would dearly love to go to about half-time in 2-3 years so it is a great thing if I get made redundant in a couple of years and they only need me to continue on a part time basis to allow for people's vacations and extra stuff that comes up and so on.   Frankly I will not be shocked if the global doom hits in that time frame although things could very well totter along for another decade or 2 before math and reality assert themselves.  I have no feel for timeframe, just a big gut feeling that economies around the globe are not sustainable and since our own is now on top of that list there won't be any rescuing when bubbles start bursting.

Had appointments or errands 4 days this week and was running slow in mornings so didn't get to office very early even though I didn't even think about riding.   I have got to do better at decluttering around the place and being more organized,  I'm tired of feeling like everything is on the verge of boiling over before I get to that pan to use a cooking allegory.

There is a lot churn in the office, as well as overall company lately and I hates it.  I don't do workplace intrigue and politics and I am  unfortunately hearing bits and pieces because of where my office is located and don't have the full context and don't want to gossip or go interrogative on the folks I am overhearing to get the rest of the story.  YUCK.   I'm feeling like one of the newer hires is stirring the pot and at the same time feeling guilty for thinking that because its a stereotype that I have formed based on a few novels and I don't have any evidential basis for it.  Just a vague impression that she is twisting some things in a way that is escalating some ill feelings when she could be soothing them.

I should shuffle horses to put Sadie and Shade together to be on more diet rations and Tanza and Grey for extra calories and I keep resisting making the move.  But Tanza and Sadie need to be less attached to each other and I need to simplify the horse keeping so I'm not having to pull horses out for extra feed.   Lady is coming home on Sunday so everything will be shaken up then anyways so I really should do the calorie sorting as well.

I MUST check my calendar,  I may be late on giving Tanza his allergy shot.  This is going to be a pain remembering with the long intervals but I must find a system to make that work.

There is a good note.   I started jogging again.   Wed was tough,  I went short and slow just to do it since I missed Monday and Tuesday had volunteered to join on staffing a table to showcase our group at the overall company trustee meeting.  But last night felt good,  I think I will be able to get more fit over the winter and be able to do 50s with Tanza next year.  This year I felt like he maybe wasn't ready and I certainly wasn't.


No comments: