Sunday, September 27, 2015

bending my vets advice with Sadie

My vet is good and usually if I call him out I follow is advice exactly and I pretty much did for Sadie with the cellulitis to start but I stopped the Tucoprim after 9 doses because it was close and I came home really tired on Tuesday.  Wed I took her wrap off and left it and went to work and returned home to hot and swollen leg so I gave her a differenent oral antibiotic that another vet gave us for CJ for a suspected internal abscess that had made him colicky and CJ went off food on it.

Well the vet left a message to keep on with tucoprim and wrapping but I kept with the other antibiotic, because I figured I wanted to give it for at least a few days to kill of most of the bacteria that would have some resistance to Tucoprim after I stopped it before they were all dead.  I guess since Dad was out or sleeping and they only left a message and I did not give the antibiotic change in my message vet may not have known I had switched ABs and might have confirmed doing that anyway.  Especially since I'm also giving Sadie some probiotics and she is maintaining good appetite. 

Sadie is feeling really good and trotting and cantering around in the wrap so I don't think she has much tendon damage.  I sure hope we can get the cellulitis defeated and I can get the little wild wench back into some work.  She is so chunky.  

No comments: