Monday, March 23, 2015

Trying to get myself in shape, fun 4 rides in last 4 days

I rode Tanza Friday and Sunday and Sadie Saturday and this morning.   Sadie is acting like a snorty goofball these last two rides.    I'd put her on raspberry leaves except she got hives when I tried that last summer.  I don't know that its hormones anyway.   If I was one to quickly blame feed for every little thing I'd think the equine senior is giving her too much molasses or something but I tend to think that is BS.

Tanza was fairly good.  I am still thinking OMG I am just getting too old for a green young horse.  He is pretty good but he gets to rushing on the way home and I get overly tense about it.   Oh well I think we'll get through this stage.  I had similar misgivings with Sadie w/ extra bonus of "since I turned the saddle on her, she is never going to trust me"  and that passed with some tincture of time.

Friday I went "I have GOT to start exercising and boost my metabolism, I cannot stand how fat I'm getting and I have not been eating that badly."

Two times jogging/walking  -Friday and today and Sunday I led Tanza out to get a good walk in + not be worried that a 4-wheeler would surprise him.   I also did quite a bit of hoeing grass and pulling out the dried up stalks from last years hollyhocks in mom's gargantuan flower bed both weekend days.  

There are a few crocus blooming and the tulips are up and looking healthy but don't have any flowers yet.   There are a few spots where it looks like I should dig the bulbs and replant them for better spacing.  I may have to ask the gardening folks when to do this.  Or even try to find the info in one of mom's old gardening books.

I need to keep up the jogging and make it into a habit rather than dropping after just a few times so I am trying hard to not overdo at the start and feel like I'm getting sick which has been a common thing I do when I think I'm going to start exercising.   I never get back to it when I take a week or 2 off to make sure I don't end up sucking infection deep into the sinuses.   This time the plan is to still take walks if I feel like I might be getting sick to try to keep it up for the six weeks or so they say it takes to get it into a habit.

No comments: