Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Riding update

I rode Sadie 4 miles on Saturday and got Dad to saddle RazzMo and ride with me and Tanza on Sunday.    Endurance (finishing not competing) pace on Sadie.   Mostly just walked on Tanza.  Razz was a goof and spooking at some things but Dad did make him walk ahead places where Tanza stalled when he was in front.   Tanza does not get too fussed when Razz spooks.  He wanted to boogie for home when we turned around.   This was partly that he just goes Yaay, going home to my buddy Sadie and partly because Razz had just gotten totally goofy about some survey flags or a rock near the road + a car going bye that was making extra noise.

Took a short paddock ride on Tanza this morning.  He was pretty good again.    I had two weeks of not riding because we got snow pack again.   I wasn't suffering much cabin fever which sort of makes wonder if I'm going to get back to really good riding groove but it will probably come once Tanza is ready to go out on trails.

I tried to plant a seed in Dad's mind to go Caribou hunting this year.  "its on my bucket list" but I could just go hog hunting in Texas cuz that is cheaper on my offer to pay for an outfitted hunt for him.  I found a place in Canada that offers a pretty decent price on Caribou hunts and printed out their page so he can call them for details.  

Had RV doc guys out to check out my fridge that quit working in my weekend LQ trailer.   We are going to replace it.  Whew its expensive to put in those RV fridges but I decided I did want to go ahead and do it rather than just using a cooler.  

No comments: