Monday, December 17, 2012

Looking forward to a 4-day weekend

Think I'll take the 24th off.  I have plenty of PTO and I never get anything done when I try to work that  day.   I've worked for this outfit for nearly 20 years and it still strikes me as odd that we get 10 holidays but Christmas eve is not one of them.   I suppose I should be grateful that Dec 25th still is.  Otherwise we get most of the postal holidays  --not veterans day cuz we're so peacefully pc ::)  and we get 2 paid days at Thanksgiving.

I should have gotten holiday cards ready to send this weekend but spent too much mental energy getting my p/u batteries charged so I could drive it, since its not good for a diesel to go too long w/o driving.   I think I'm going to have to replace the alternator on it AGAIN.  3rd time in 4 years.   The batteries seem to take a charge, although may not hold it real good anymore but I haven't replaced them since I bought the p/u so I will replace them and the battery cables, maybe do that first but I put the charger on the p/u an hour after I got home and it showed it had less charge then before driving so I suspect that means the alternator is shot.   I'll ask the mechanic if its possible to put a heavier than stock alternator on it too.  

No comments: