Saturday, September 8, 2012

Maybe I should try to give up wheat

I was so stuffy and sleepy yesterday and taking sudafed didn't even help much.   Perhaps my body has decided to react to ragweed but the other difference from the vacation in WY where I felt good was eating more bread.   We had a sammich every day for lunch but otherwise I didn't eat any wheat on the vacation.    I could put up my waffle iron, or just make grind some oats into flour if I want to keep up my waffle indulgence and have oatmeal instead of toast and pbj when I don't have waffle batter.    I suppose I should try.   I get frustrated with mom making no lifestyle changes but just expecting the right drugs will make her all better.   

I felt so out of the loop at work the last two days.   The first meeting day in a month I could not be there is of course when the rest of them actually held a meeting; plus usual post vacation re-adjustment and it was harsh.    Hopefully next week is better.    I have got to dive into some projects I sidelined.  

I need to take advantage of good weather today but would like nothing better than enjoying a good book all day.   Oh well we will have plenty of indoor weather soon enough and the books aren't going anywhere.   

3 comments:

Gerrick said...

The problem with taking drugs t0 feel better is that you end up taking drugs to counter the side effects of other drugs. This is what happened to my Grandpa. He got a new doctor and the guy went through his med list and cut half of them because they were unneeded. Grandpa was feeling a lot better after that.

Teresa/ride4fun said...

Yup. I'm trying to lobby my mom to get one Dr or pharmacist to review everything she is taking but I don't want to push too hard and get her digging in her heels.

Gerrick said...

You could ask her to name every drug she is taking. Why she is taking them and what the side effect is of each one.

If she cannot do that suggest she get them reviewed to see if they are still relevant.

Not to mention she could save money this way. Drug copays are still drug copays.