Sunday, August 6, 2023

Rode two saturday's in a row.

 Last week B texted me Friday evening after earlier saying she needed to skip riding,  and we met at Spruce Mountain Saturday mid-morning.   It was hot, but a pretty ride with all the wildflowers.   If I had been thinking I would have chosen Indian Creek to avoid the home stretch of the Ren. Fair traffic.    This week was the Buffalo Creek endurance ride.   I had thought I might go and do the intro ride, but Friday I really worked hard on house and farm yard chores and was too tired to get up early and do the long drive to Buffalo Creek the next morning.  

So I went to Sharp Tail trailhead, not even getting there until noon on Saturday and rode solo.   B was doing the BC LD on Friday and volunteering on Saturday.    I need to text her and ask how it went.  My solo ride went pretty well, I was not wiped out like I had been after the Spruce Mountain ride.  Probably mostly because it was cooler yesterday than last week but I'll take it as a good sign for being able to do 25s at LaVeta if I ride smart and take care of myself and Tanza. 

I may send the BC RM a donation,   I guess a lot of people didn't show up on Friday that had pre-registered.   I would like to see the ride continue, but there was a bit of a grudge on my part for not going on Saturday as well as me being legitimately very tired.   My thought process did include "why go enter a ride managed by the person who I think told B (but not me directly) that my horse with me riding him was 'downright dangerous' two years ago?"   I had not pre-registered because had been a bit on the fence all along about should I go?, I will be late even for the intro, unless I just leave dad alone until the aide comes at 9 because  I didn't ask Amada if the aide could come early on the 5th, yada yada, but I didn't even put Tanza in a pen Friday night or set my alarm to get up early;  I was feeling so spent Friday evening that I knew I wanted to just do a shorter drive to ride somewhere on Saturday.


No comments: