Saturday, March 26, 2022

They canceled the ride I was going to attend this weekend.

I'm fairly zen about it.  I'm a bit bummed not to have the getaway.  But catching up on rest and some of the house and yard tasks is a good thing.  Plus I reached out to my local riding buddies that do very few official events.  Sunday B and I will repeat the ride we did 2 weeks ago while M and J do a shorter loop as J is still recovering riding shape after hip replacement and then we will have happy hour at the trailhead.   I think our trails will be in great shape and it is supposed to be a nice warm day so it should be fun.   

I have started throwing away Dad's depends that he wrongly thinks could go a second day myself in the middle of the night and then running the ozone generator and instead of fuming about it and just running the OG to not enough effect.  If he says anything I will tell him he is wrong about thinking he can get 2 days of use out of them and he can afford to buy twice as many.  Less than a week into this, but so far my peace of mind is SO much increased.  

I have the work table downstairs mostly cleared off and the pictures I need to sort through and label the ones that I recognize in the main floor office area.   I need to make myself address that task for a while.  There are more outdated magazines and crap I can burn but not a lot of them.  Also I need to post some things on CL or Nextdoor that are still useable but will get no use here.   I don't know why that seems like such a huge mental and emotional effort.  I guess I'm still a big weenie about rejection when an ad gets no replies.  I need to get over that.  I'm thinking maybe posting a bunch of stuff at once may help with that personal bugaboo.  

No comments: