Sunday, January 24, 2021

Tree is down and boxed up

I still have boxes all over.  Have not taken down the lights draped along the fence.  I kind of want to leave them up longer.  I could bundle everything else back into the attic and just put that light string in the shed for storage.   See what happens.  I've been working on some garage cleanup.  Finally tossing some stuff.  I still feel like I have to tie up bags with broken crap in them and get them in dumpster before dad notices I am throwing broken or now useless item X away and insists on keeping it and I'm probably correct.  But he is at a point where he is not likely to notice some specific item he was holding onto because he might fix it someday has disappeared.  The other impediment to decluttering is my own emotions of "but but but, maybe I could repurpose this or fix that someday"    But slow progress is okay as long as progress is made.  Every last item dealt with now is one less thing when I want to clear the place out to sell it later plus I feel better not having crap stacked up all over the house.  I am super happy that I finally used the internet to track down someone to send pictures that got left in Ed's condo 20 years ago.  I feel a bit badly that I forgot their existence and didn't do that 5-10 years ago; but the family will have the pictures when the USPS gets them delivered and any quarantine period is over.  

No comments: