Monday, January 20, 2020

I never heard if the HOF committee even got my email

So,  I'll be in as much suspense at the banquet as everyone else which is cool.   They probably got a set of last minute nominations including horses that are totally not on my radar and S's owner posted something about more to come with him on her FB feed so its quite likely he'll have to wait.  It used to be an unwritten rule that only retired horses were eligible but they have awarded to at least one active horse so I'll just have to wonder what horse might get it this year.

Sister FB messaged me this morning that they will probably come Thursday night from Hotchkiss, seeing B's dad first.  So I should suck it up to do the housecleaning and I will definitely not take the xmas lights down yet.   I was thinking they had decided they were just too busy to come since I had not heard from them and I could punt on the cleaning until a cold snowy day.  Well they'll suck it up if the house is not perfect but I'll get a few indirect comments about its crappy state.

Sure hope I don't get the bug that has been going around.  Last night I felt like I might be getting sick, my eyes felt itchy.  When I went to bed if was just the one that is always red -- I think I have a leaking blood vessel but its only on the white.  First time that happened I went in right away JIC it was an issue and the nurse and optometrist were nearly laughing at me as a hypochondriac.  I am overdue for the routine eye screening now, so I should call and see if I am still on the insurance or not.  I am going to be pissed with HR and our admins if I got bumped to  the high deductible plan because I didn't fill out the new workday form because they sure did not send out warnings and with the previous system if you didn't fill anything out you kept your last year's plan which is what I wanted.  I didn't set out to blow off filling out the form, which they did notify everybody 'needed to do' but our group ended up super busy that week and I ended up at 10pm on the deadline day going "oh I am so tired and this should be OK w/o me wrestling with this PITA system."  


No comments: