Thursday, January 2, 2020

Great start to the New Year

WooHoo. the tree trimmer came on Jan 1 and Jan 2.    The dead trees are not down to short stumps but they are not a threat to outbuildings or vehicles.  The neglected live trees that I had them trim up look awesome.   Wednesday I took some black plastic from the garden shed and spread where I still needed weed block along the Russian Olives and used bark from the cut trees to put over the plastic.  Today I asked them to put the mulch from the chipping they do in the back yard where mom had tried to start a mini orchard but the plum and apple trees died.

While they were cutting I cleaned out a big box of garden odds and ends with a couple boxes in it and put those and some other boxes in the shed down.   Then I spread  a few inches of the mulch over the boxes after they dumped the mulch.   Its an ibuprofen evening and I'll take an Alleve tonight but definitely moved the ball on the de-cluttering efforts.   Now I must work on contacting the equine dentist and catching up my dental, eye doc and health screenings.

The Holiday turkey is not consumed but I made my pot pie and rice casserole and soup last night.  I'll freeze up leftovers this weekend.  Not too bad.  I never did make haystack cookies that I thought I might do for the holidays, but I can make em anytime.  

No comments: