Monday, July 23, 2018

WoopHoo it is raining

I hope it rains at home too and not just here at work.  Its been so dry.  My ride with P and Hector on Saturday was OK.  I had mis-remembered Table Mountain as being fairly barefoot friendly,  it was rockier than I remembered.  Oh well,  Hector has great tough feet, we were going to go pretty slow anyways cuz he's got some arthritis although I it seemed P had gotten it controlled.

I decided it was not going to rain Sat evening and did a round of weed spraying.   I can't convince myself to ask one of the neighbors to borrow their ATV and use the tow sprayer.   I like just spot spraying where the weeds are, but it means a large segment of the pasture is not going to get any spraying.

Sunday evening I did some trot and canter work on Tanza on the oil pipeline strip.   They packed it down so well it was not really the sandy/deepish footing extra workout I thought it would be but still was a good workout for his cardio system.   When I was walking him home I noticed again how bad the pasture fence is in the lower corner.   I should do a rough patch to make it a bit safer for having our horses out there.   I'll probably have to pay to have good horse fencing put in when its time to to sell the place, but if I did that upgrade now it would take a beating and might not add that much to property value X years in the future.   Thats my theory/excuse for dinking with trying to get trees started and spraying weeds around the place instead of putting in nice fences.  Trees and pasture improvement will take longer and fence replacement would start deteriorating and might not add much value after 5-10 years.


No comments: