Friday, July 20, 2018

I really should call the neighbors before spraying in their yard

But I've forgotten to call at a decent hour twice now and just gone in when I've been spraying that side of our place and have leftover spray in the backpack.   I do know that they are not opposed to using weed spray as they have used their tow behind sprayer that they let us keep all the time in previous years; I've mixed up spray and ag dye for them out of my stash.     The goats heads are just rampant this year.  Perfect weather for them vs grass and normal weeds I guess.    Since I've gone a bit nuts with the spraying this year when I was in the cam boot and not riding and had to skip my endurance event I do not want dad and Toby bringing burrs over from there and reseeding our yard.

Plus they are great neighbors so I want to do them a good turn and help them eliminate the nasty burrs.  But I know I really should coordinate so they know to ask the kids to avoid spot X for a couple hours after I spray and so on.  

I am excited/nervous to meet P and Hector to ride tomorrow.   Nervous mainly because meeting at 8:30 to beat the heat and possibly pm storms and I always worry that I'll oversleep or not be 100% safe driving in my early morning brain fog.   But it will be fun to ride with company again.  I'm trying to mix it up and not wear out my welcome with B and her friends.  

Sis and her SO will here the following weekend.   I keep wanting to just impulsively go up to a ride in northern WY on the 28th and remembering "oh I can't, fandamily"   Its probably just as well, that drive saps my energy so badly and there is a local ride the first week Aug on Fri/Sat I'm planning to attend.   But reminding me that I need to make sure I'm living my life and not putting too much time and money into trying to be super awesome to family to point of resenting them.  They've had my back when needed, vs. just being constant takers but they sure don't put their lives on hold just to help me out.


No comments: