Thursday, July 12, 2018

Had a great weekend in WY

So sweet of B to invite me to join the group camping and riding up there last weekend.   I rode Tanza 4 times in 3 days.   We rode in a bit of rain on Saturday, and saw a huge bull moose which made it worth it.   B's horse is the energizer bunny.  He is 18 and was like 'come on Tanza' on Sunday when the 6 week layoff was catching up to Tanza and he was wanting to just take it easy.

My ankle was fine for riding.  YAY.   I was pretty protective of it for stepping in and out of my trailer and had the brace for walking on the rough ground.   I am going to have to up my camp cooking game with this group or make sure to bring liquor.   They do actual cooking of good meats when they camp.   My fave thing about endurance is that the ride usually provides the main meal so I don't have to plan it and when I go with sis, she likes to camp cook and at most I will bring some meat.

I actually brought steaks for this weekend but they had so much good food that I only had them cook my hot dogs since no one would have wanted the 2nd steak.  I had thought they were staying sunday night but they pulled out about noon, then B and I got going about 1:30,  we had ridden longer, had shorter drives home.   So I cooked the steaks on the gas grill at home and microwaved the last 2 ears of corn on the cob we had in the freezer for Sunday supper and dad and I got to eat well.

And I sprayed weeds Sunday night, Mon, Tues. and 2 rounds Wed morning.   Skipped today because it was breezy and I 'thought' we were having a meeting at work that they had wanted me to participate in.    No meeting happened, grrr, but there is more to life than weed spraying.


No comments: