Monday, April 17, 2017

Survived first ride of the season

Tanza was less interested in eating alfalfa hay or his mashes then he is at home.   Arghhhh.  But he got through the ride.    Was not drinking the first loop, but drank at the vet check and was interested in hay at the vet check.   He was dragging as we started the second loop, but did let me push him through and then got strong when he felt the pull of going back to the camp.

I was so tired after the ride.  We both needed to be doing only the LD, as we are not in shape to handle more yet.   The ride had a good turnout, delicious food  and the ride picture turned out well.

I found out that wearing loose full seat breeches does NOT work.   The wrinkles were chafing me.  Yay for in camp vet checks so I was able to change to something that stopped inflicting the damage.

I need to be syringing apple sauce into Tanza daily, he is so stupidly angst about getting syringed and if he is not going to eat mashes reliably, where I can know he is getting e-lytes that way he will have to be syringed.  

No comments: