Sunday, May 7, 2017

Not a bad ride conditioning weekend.

I started Tanza on Redmond stress relief formula about 10 days before and he was better about eating his mashes.   I still felt like he wasn't drinking like he should.  It was pretty hot for this early in the year.   But Tanza went out in the lake and splashed and splashed but didn't try to lay down and was pretty well behaved by my standards.    By the NATRC and ranch people standards I am the worst horseman in the world since he did a bit of going sideways at times and I let him walk off when I am mounting.   Coming in from the only 18 rather than 25 expected miles I felt like Tanza and I should go back out but back in camp I was feeling overheated and no one else was going to ride anymore. But overall I think the weekend was useful to help get us stronger for my Shamrock goal and that is what matters to me.

I had no propane.   Apparently last trip when I thought I diligently turned off the propane what I really did was crank it as wide open as possible.   I need to get indicators for those there are ones that are portable and then make a point to always get a new full tank as soon as one is emptied.   Hate when I have those moments of gas-lighting myself.  

No comments: