Sunday, April 9, 2017

Still need to pack and hook up to big trailer by Friday morning

But if feels like I got a fair amount of stuff done with weekend.   It was a rough start with adjusting to Invisalign retainers that came in on Thursday.   I am still adjusting to them but it is getting easier as I decide what I can eat and drink with them in.  Supposed to "only drink water" with them in but if I did that I'd get nowhere near to the supposed to wear them 22 hours/day number because I sip a lot of tea and coffee during the course of a day.   And I can let chocolate melt in my mouth with them in.

I had a riding date set up but the gal canceled, messaged me that she was coming down with flu.  So Tanzaknight only went 7 miles at home.   That will have to be enough, should be OK if I ride slow next weekend at the WY ride.

Today I rode Sadie and we got sleeted on.  She held it together so it was a good thing of proving to me she can be sane even under icky conditions.   It only sleeted for maybe 30 minutes, 20-25 that I was out in it though.  Then it got very very windy so I did some spring cleaning laundry, washing up a lot of bedding from the guest room that was Ole's bed rather than a guest bed for the last several months of his life.   I also put the new foam I bought on my air mattress, replacing the top foam that came with it.   I think the new foam will work out well, but keeping the old topper handy for a while.  If I decide the new topper is a permanent change then I will cut a pillow or 2 out of the old topper and then put it in my horse trailer to make that mattress cushier.

Made buffalo rib steaks for supper tonight.   They were less than 1" I think and got to temperature to quickly I get them a bit more done then I intended but thanks to the thermometer I didn't get them way too done and they were tender enough and tasted fine.  I put some garlic and dill on the peas and carrots to go with as a bit of a change up from just salt, pepper and margarine,  thought that worked OK.  

No comments: