Thursday, February 9, 2017

Busy at work, feeling lazy at home

I did ride both Sadie and Tanza on Sunday so that was good.   Saturday it was windy so I just did laundry all day and web surfed and read.   It has been windy at work all week and I have not gotten out for aerobic exercise.   I need to go use the treadmill if its gross again today I need that good after exercise boost.  

Work has been busy, but we are slowly but steadily moving away from hidebound inefficient legacy ways of doing things to taking advantage of newer technology and techniques that smart folks developed in the last 20 years.   

I finally remembered to set up a flex plan so I could straighten my teeth this year and the dentist has stopped urging me to do it.   I think I will go ahead anyway,  I would be hard pressed to spend that amount of flex money elsewhere unless I did lasik or equivalent on my eyes but I don't want to mess with that when I already need bifocals plus I still don't want to risk extra sensitivity to bright light as that would suck for riding.

I want to whine about stupid progressives at work but the conservative blog is talking baseball; a subject I have no interest in but a whole lot of folks are keenly interested so I must just find other things to do while they are having their inside baseball discussions.  So I will whine just a bit here:  Diversity,  Inclusion and Equity committee at work.    What an apt acronym.   They swapped the E and I words but I still feel that pushing that social justice BS vs "lets make sure we do excellent work in our field"   could be deadly to the organization.   And they are up in arms about the new Secretary of Education.  I bet they can't even name the previous one and DeVos agrees with the one who said "I would be better qualified"  since DeVos is all about giving parents school choice.  Which the progs at my work already have in this state and especially that county/district.    

No comments: