Monday, January 23, 2017

Let them laugh I think

It kind of annoys me to hear stupid coworkers who would have been aghast at anyone being so racist as to make fun of any of king Putts many quirks and flaws pushing the latest FNM memes about Trump.

But part of being a conservative, grown up, type is being able to laugh at yourself or your side.  And if Trump keeps doing things that I really like while the media are amusing themselves laughing at a quirky turn of phrase he or one of his spokesmen used 1,2 or 3 days ago,  well laugh, laugh laugh.  Federal hiring freeze,  OH YEAH.   Kill the secretive TPP  OH YEAH.   I'm not a staunch pro-life person but I am on board with not using U.S. taxpayer funds to pay for abortions in other countries and this is a nice bit of outreach to any pro-life folks that hadn't gotten over never Trump from the primaries.

It is quite a lot of fun to have a POTUS that I like the actions they are taking.   I still squirm a bit about the sales-pitch language like at the first inaugural ball address.  But I am the oddball there, most people really seem to like being wooed with that kind of  language.   A silent Cal would never have gotten elected in this day and age with so many commie indoctrinated folks dominating the media, it took someone who could speak over and around the media.    I just hope that the reluctant big government loving GOP congress critters can be kept on track or in line to not derail what we elected Trump to do; which for me boils down to "cut government down to a size that will not topple the country"  

No comments: