Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Just to keep up diary

I had a pretty good weekend for riding and general horse stuff.   Sat. I led Tanza out about a mile and then mounted up,  rode him a quarter mile farther and then home.  He is still very nervous about going away from home by himself and was totally sweaty when I got home even though I had kept the pace down.  But baby steps.

Sunday I rode Tanza in the horse pen and did a fair amount of trot and canter.   Then the neighbor girl came over about an hour or so after I had finished.  I had her rake some in the horse pens while I helped.  She wanted to ride Grey Moun bareback so I decided I'd ride Sadie.

SADIE's leg is healed,  WooHoo.    K or I left the gate into one horse pen unlatched when cleaning and Sadie went tearing around for 5 minutes before she let me catch her and her leg was not sore the next day.

Grey Moun gets a gold star.  We rode in the little arena.  K found out it is hard to sit Grey's trot bareback but she did pretty good, she has good natural balance.   Sadie had a couple mini tantrums and one was not so mini.  She had jumped and spun and I had lost a stirrup and she was trying to do little rear ups, but I was able to pull her nose around and she quit.  Grey just kept on going for K w/o spooking or taking off.   I'm glad she was not on Lady.  If she wants to try Lady bareback sometime I'll have to just watch her on the ground or be on Grey Moun cuz I think Lady would want to take off, although she probably wouldn't do much of a spook, she is fairly good or I wouldn't let folks ride her at all. 

No comments: