Sunday, March 13, 2016

Grey Moun was not so saintly for K yesterday

She wanted to ride down the trail,  I was just starting out with Tanza but figured company would be nice and she had done well with Grey bareback.   We were going well for a bit but then Grey spooked at a mattress, not a big spook but then he got the notion to take off for home.   Luckily not a full run,  she was holding him back but he didn't stop right away.   I was working on not letting Tanza take off  and hollering at her to "make him stop"  for a good minute or so and then Grey would not go away from home anymore.  She would get him turned but he would do a full circle or duck back around after just a step or 2 in the right direction.  

So had to abort riding out and just go home and ride in the paddock.  She did pretty good steering Grey in there but I am back to knowing that she needs a few more weeks of practice on steering and control of either Grey or Lady before going out is possible, and then I probably need to ride Grey or Lady myself the first time out with her.    I may have to get Dad to go out on RazzMo with me,  I hate to do that because Razz isn't a great influence but Tanza does not need a great influence,  he and I just need to get over the nervous hump we have. 

No comments: