Monday, February 23, 2015

I KNEW we'd get winter later and I should ride more back in January

Oh well,  I did go in and work on Presidents/'Washington's Birthday' holiday.   Apparently the popular notion that they combined Lincoln and GW into presidents day is wrong.  They just took away Lincoln and put in MLK and made the 3rd monday the official Washington's birthday holiday according to the federal register or whatever.   Bit of trivia I picked up from one of the Ace ONT posts.

Aside from the tangent last monday was snowy and I was feeling too lazy to do any deep housecleaning at home and looking at the forecast Thursday was going to be nice and then more snow on the weekend so I went in and worked, have to love flexible hours at work.   Then took Thursday off,  got Dad to ride RazzMo and go with me on Tanza and we went 2 miles out and back and Tanza did quite well, in spite of Razz mildly acting like an idiot for a bit after we turned towards home and trying to take off behind us a couple times and Dad having to pull him up.  Dad did make Razz go in front when Tanza got 'sticky feet' and it really helped vs me having to ask, push, reassure him.   Then I rode Sadie 5 miles and did a nice amount of trot and canter.

Friday morning I rode Tanza for 20 minutes in the pen before work,  he is getting pretty good, I asked him to maintain a canter 3 laps in each direction at one point and he really is coming along.

We did get our forecasted snow Sat and Sun,  I was pretty lazy and it felt good to be able to have a lazy weekend.

I haven't checked forecasts but am hearing some rumors that we might get 10 days of cold and new little snowstorm systems moving through.  If its still icky but not unsafe roads this weekend maybe I'll work a weekend day and take another day off in middle of week.  

At some point I have to organize my stuff and do my stupid taxes.  I wish we would just have a flat rate and forget all the credits for 'saving gaia with electric cars' and deductions for anything other than the standard amount.   A good politician could sell it to LIVs if the media didn't shout out the message  "its clearly UNFAIR that rich fat cats with McMansions get a higher deduction than the working class with only basic houses"

No comments: