Sunday, July 23, 2023

Survived the work week from Hades and did get some errands/shopping done this weekend

 No riding out.  I took a short paddock ride last night.   I can't bring myself to ask B to meet at a trailhead because I keep getting scared that dad will have a decline and I'll feel like I can't leave the aide to deal with him alone if he isn't getting around with just moderate assistance from the the gait belt.  

It was very hot today but it clouded up and sprinkled a bit about 5:30,  I should see if that bit of cooling has remained or it got sunny and hot again.  Plus dad has not stirred since he got up at about noon.  Well I can ride at home anyway;  teach him not to expect he can expect instant service any time of day when he finally stirs.  He has been sleeping a lot the last week it seems like.  Dozes in his chair all day for sure,  I can't say how well he sleeps at night.   I don't know if it means anything.   Yesterday he was fairly alert a good bit of the day and ate 3 times, plus had a protein drink so he is probably just making up the sleep today.

Hades work week.   New mission starting up and I felt like I had to fix the clocks that were not processing Monday before the Tuesday delivery.  Had to set up data flow for those clocks which involves 15 cpus on my side plus getting IT to set up transfers from the clock processing CPUs.    Then I also had to iron out all the bugs for the actual mission processing starting Tuesday morning.   Plus we are hiring a sys admin to "help me"  So 5 hours of interviews, one each week, plus I have to score them (at least I am only one of 4 scorers)  Well hopefully we get a great hire and after half of year of training period they will be a good help to me and with luck they will love our group and will be a replacement for me when I retire in like 5 to 7years.  If a global depression hasn't killed off our 'not for profit' research 'corporation by then. 

No comments: