Friday, December 11, 2020

I must get the Christmas cards out

 I was good and wrote up the letter a week ago, but have been slow getting cards addressed.  I'll probably have to really skimp on adding personal notes to get them done today.  Monday might be OK, but would be pushing awfully close for delivery before Christmas.    Perhaps I'm stalling because of reading online comments about the form letters being tacky.  I don't think its tacky; feels like almost everyone else puts crap up all year long on social media but the way the feeds are one misses a bunch of it and I've always enjoyed reading everyone's letters and I take some care to not just have a brag list or list of woes,  just give a 1.5 page overview of our life since the last one.  

I put up the tree and dad and I put up the usual outdoor lights.  I think I'll just skip putting out the extra stuff.  I have let the decluttering and cleaning slide so much, and I just can't find the gumption to tackle it when we aren't having anyone visit or anything.   I enjoy the lights and the Christmas tree, so doing them seems worth the effort.   

No comments: