Monday, September 14, 2020

I must remember my norms if ever riding with J again

I totally forgot my "I don't try to train/manage other people's horses" motto yesterday.   And J is no rookie although he was talking like it yesterday which contributed to my stupidity.  But he is like my mom, always doing that self-deprecating way of talking and then annoyed when people believe any of it.  I knew he has been riding for over 20 years and knows his way around all his horses but I just forgot for a bit since he was riding K's mare and not his gelding.  Sighhhh.

The day had a bigger "oh crap" element when L's horse tripped and went down on her foot.  Torqued her ankle good so it was a slow walking ride back to the trailhead after that.   Freak accident but I had been in front and picked up a trot so I am feeling like I should have been more cautious about where I decided to trot since her horse is 28 years old.  

I got home and was just wiped out and felt like I should not have been since I had not been working hard in the heat.  Oh well.  All the do list items can be gotten to eventually.   I need to resume progress on the cleaner house and de-cluttering.  I fear that I will never get back to it if I stop pecking away.  I should see if there is any local effort to collect clothes, bedding etc to ship to OR or WA folks who lost stuff in their wildfires.   That might be a good reason to sort through some excess blankets and mom's clothes.  

B is all moved into her new condo.  I drove her car over there on Saturday.  She still had a carload of stuff here, so after everybody left after toasting with champagne we stopped at Bass Pro for her to buy an air mattress since the one she bought to be delivered from AFW won't arrive till end of Sept.   The house seems lonely now.  I need to move some stuff back into the guest room.  Still have a bit of 'should I just get rid of this' decision tree stuff but it would be fine to just move things back in there for now.  

No comments: