Monday, January 7, 2019

Winter blahs

I always get them, more a feeling of not wanting to do a bunch of riding than serious blues the last few years. And I always struggle a bit with "what is wrong with me not seizing the day and riding when we get nice warm days in winter?"   But since my riding desire comes back with increasing sun I don't worry as much as I used to.   I am trying to force myself to do more pecking away with de-cluttering efforts.   It is harder this year than last because I already got rid of most of the easy obvious stuff.  But I have made a bit more progress and I just need to keep making it at least a weekly goal.

I have whiffed on having difficult conversation with brother that he and SiL need to go to FPU or something rather than asking me for dough.  With the government shutdown I may face a budget shortfall myself this year.   I am undecided whether I should try to make a big de-cluttering, spring cleaning, yard improvements push if we end up on furlough/forced PTO or try to get a temporary job.
 If I had a crystal ball to know how long we will be in this place it would be easier.  With working full time I take the same tack as cooking.  "Only cook stuff I like to eat and dad can eat that or fall back on his usual pre-packaged stuff"   so with the home improvements and cleaning similarly.  "Only do things that will make my life easier by making it easier to find stuff or I'll enjoy the results of this project"  Part of me would like to sell the place and move to WY soon, but it is handy to be able to commute to work to have social interactions and be away from house and I cannot see dad deciding to move and give up the neighbors he loves and the handy very short drive to run in and shop or see docs etc just to make sure he doesn't lose equity value in the house.

No comments: