Friday, March 2, 2018

I feel like a big meanie

Its not a completely rational feeling.  Yes I was the one who spoke up and said "this prayer list is too long and that defeats its purpose"    But I'm routinely ignored on that board so only the fact that a cob and probably other commenters chimed in would have caused the change I recommended of only posting requests submitted in a current week.    But the list compiler feels like someone grabbed his candy.   I didn't mean to piss in his cornflakes, its very kind of him to compile the list of folks who feel they need prayers; I was venting at folks who requested prayers for their cousins friend from college and left that request up or prayers for a temporary thing and never came back to say thanks I'm good now or report on the stranger they requested prayers for.   I don't mind a request for a non member for a crisis, but IMO that kind of thing is hit the comments with the request, not ask for it to be added to a list that folks will see only a few days later and then leave it up with no feedback for weeks and months.    I was skimming the lists, even though I posted I was skipping cuz too long, but I would get so derailed by my reactions to lingering requests while I skimmed in case of new request that I would consider I needed to offer up prayers that I would come away with a very anti-spiritual feeling.

Anyway the change will be implemented even with the teeth gnashing.  Now it is up to me to keep a christian mindset when I see the shorter lists posted.  Its ok to only pray one time for situations where I think that is appropriate and adjust prayers as "give XYZ wisdom and serenity even though they are asking for a quick fix or miracle healing"


No comments: