Monday, June 6, 2016

Tanza completed his first ride of the season

I was going to ride a second day if I felt like he was ready but he was tired by the end of the ride and the stumbling he has been doing made me decide to call it a weekend.  I didn't want to set back our ride season with an injury on the first ride we attended.    He was restless Sunday morning so metabolically I think he would have handled a second day no problems.     It turned out to be a good think I had not taken Sadie along.   I hauled 3 horses home for someone who had lost a trailer wheel driving to the ride.   They hauled their empty trailer home and it made it fine.  Probably at least 95% chance it would have also been fine with their horses in it, but no sense risking injury to the horses if the other tire on that side would have blown out or broke off.  

No comments: