Sunday, October 14, 2012

Got the memorial handout done

I got the layout to work out so I won't have to wait on a professional and can just print it up.   Have to fix a few typos yet but its sunny outside so I'm going to go ride my horse first.   Dad approves of my non-conventional saying to accompany the inside pics.  ' Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up - totally worn out and screaming "whoo hoo what a ride!'   

This is below a pic of mom jumping Duke and then a portrait pic of her with a smile and glint in her eyes.   I'm glad he likes it.  I threw that quote in last night, partly comic relief putting things together but  it had been growing on me as a perfect fit for the pics and its pretty accurate of mom's worldview.  She was careful of her health but she certainly believed that experiences, not years, are what makes for a full life.  

No comments: