Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Ugh I think I have a UTI

 I've never had one before.   Yesterday when it hit I thought it was just external irritation like I have had after riding 50s but desitin did not help at all and I was up every 15 minutes to pee an ounce or less for a few hours and it was stinging every time.   Finally I forced myself to drink a good bit of water every time I was up and that gradually helped with less often urges and more volume, got a 2 hr chunk of sleep before I got up this morning. 

Took me 4 or 5 hours to get Lady's pain pills and get myself a phone visit with a KP doc to get a prescription and an order for a lab test and then schlepp to KP to get the prescription and give them a urine sample.  

I didn't contact neighbors about having the kids feed hay so I guess I will give the horses a bunch of hay in the morning and they will live, if the kids do come over I'm sure the horses will appreciate the extra hay.   

Lady is not thrilled with being in with Taj,  he is bossing her away from the food a fair amount but I'm sure he'll relax as he realizes he will always have plenty to eat and he was nice and calm all day instead of whinnying and pacing when he couldn't see Tanza and the other horses.   She will live for a few days until I can put Tanza in there with Taj, and then for a couple days while Tanza is gone for scattering dad's ashes. 

I have not even started on making a flyer with a bit of dad's obit and the time and location for the memorial to put around the neighborhood.   I hope it isn't too tacky to do that but I don't know how many folks get the local paper that might want to come.   I'm afraid it might be a very thin crowd. 


No comments: