Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Must keep my resolution

Boss is not making it easy.   But if he was a good boss I wouldn't be trying to do so many things and could work in his little obsession.  Since he has driven so many people to leave and been such a slowpoke to get new people in there is just no way I can possibly humor him, I have got to attend to real priorities.   But I hate conflict and the whole stress of having to fend him off is making me turn to time wasting things like puzzles to get myself to a point where I can work at all.

This too shall pass.  This too shall pass.  I passed my test of being honorable last fall/winter with the incorrect ride results and I will pass this character test as well simply because I need to.  If I let him mis-direct how I spend my time it will put the group in a hole and I'm not going to hurt the group.

If he gets totally psycho about it and fires me that would be him hurting the group not me and I think his boss would probably tell him to grow up and not sabotage the group when we are SO short handed right now.  Anyway some part of me would be happy to be pushed out of this quagmire, but I will stick it out and try to help the group succeed vs quitting because even the bosses are basically good people and I really wouldn't want to hurt all the scientists that have devoted so much time and energy to the mission over the years.

No comments: