Friday, May 6, 2016

Sigh, Apparently I'm an outlier

Well what else is new.   But I was pissed that SI is planning to feature Bruce/Catilyn Jenner "nude except for his medal and the flag"  on an upcoming issue.    My first thought was merely  "oh great the attention whore and more push for calling body dysmorphia a new civil right that has to be pushed"  but then I went "wait, what,  they are going to use  Old Glory to cover xis genitalia ?!?"  That is so disrespectful to the the flag, using it to drape anyone's bare genitalia.    I'm guessing here, but they aren't an x-rated publication and the olympic medal is probably too small to cover anything.  

I want to start a campaign to insist that this flag had better be the rainbow flag, transgender flag (yes apparently there is a special flag for that)  Olympic rings flag,  state of California flag but no how no way should Old Glory be used.   But I don't know where to start and I posted it on a horse BB board that a veteran and veterans wife read and no reaction.   Posted it on a conservative politics blog and some "ewww" reaction about the 67 year old almost nude regardless and or because of whatever hormone and surgical attacks on natural biology and only one response that understood the disrespect to the flag was the focus of my outrage. 

I've never even been much of a flag waver type, but the SI plan pisses me off royally.  But I'm terribly sad and discouraged that apparently everyone else thinks its just noise in our slide into Nero style Roman decadence. 

No comments: